LLLT/Photobiomodulation Therapy has come a long way...
- National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidance for the UK NHS recommends laser therapy for oral mucositis. Click here
- UK NIHR funded RCT on the Clinical and Cost Effectiveness of Low Level Laser in the Management of Oral Mucositis in Head and Neck Cancer Irradiation, 10 NHS hospitals, 380 patients in progress. Click here
- Low Level Laser improves survival of head and neck cancer patients. Click here
- American College of Physicians Guidelines include a "strong recommendation" for Low-Level Laser Therapy as a non-invasive Treatments for Acute, Subacute & Chronic Low Back Pain. Click here
- BMJ LLLT for chronic non-specific low back pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials found "moderate quality of evidence" and "clinically important benefits" in the short term. Click here
- 30% reduction of the costs of hospitalisation in PBM Oral Mucositis patients. Click here
- MASCC guideline revisions recommend use of LLLT/PBM to reduce the incidence and severity of Oral Mucositis. Click Here.
- Journal Applied Oral Science. TMJ Systematic review, "it seems clear that the use of laser brings benefits when properly applied and administered." Click Here.
- Multinational Association for Supportive Cancer Care (MASSC) systematic review recommends LLLT/PBM for oral mucositis. Click here
- European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) systematic review suggest LLLT/PBM for reducing duration and severity of oral mucositis. Click here
- British Medical Journal (BMJ) Clinical Guidelines for tennis elbow, "Likely to be beneficial for short-term pain relief & improvement of function." Click here
- The International Association for the Study of Pain (Global Task Force on musculoskeletal pain) recommend laser for myofascial pain syndrome. Click here
- British Journal of Sports Medicine, systematic review of surgical and conservative interventions for frozen shoulder found "strong evidence" for LLLT/PBM. Click here
- American Physical Therapy Association guidelines recommend LLLT/PBM for Achilles tendonitis. Click here
- The Lancet "LLLT/PBM reduces pain immediately after treatment in acute neck pain and for up to 22 weeks in patients with chronic neck pain." Click here
- World Health Organisation (Bone and Joint Task Force) recommended LLLT/PBM for neck pain. Click Here